Posts for tag: veneers
Dental veneers offer many ways to improve and enhance your smile’s appearance.
We understand that even the smallest imperfections in a smile can make you feel discouraged and like you have to hide your smile from those around you. Here in Novi, MI, our dentist Dr. David Salah prides himself on crafting beautiful, memorable smiles with the help of dental veneers. Wondering if dental veneers are right for you? Here are the top reasons why you might want to consider getting this popular cosmetic treatment,
Veneers Hide Your Imperfections
The main reason people turn to our Novi, MI, dentist for veneers is that these porcelain coverings are easily able to hide a variety of flaws and defects in a person’s smile. Veneers are great for improving the appearance of,
- Short, stubby teeth
- Worn teeth
- Cracked or chipped teeth
- Misaligned or crooked teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Discolored or stained teeth
- Malformed or oddly shaped teeth
They Can Straighten Your Smile
You may think the only way to get a straighter smile is with braces, but if you are only dealing with minor misalignment issues then you may be surprised to discover that veneers can also offer you a straighter smile.
Since veneers are bonded directly to the front of your teeth where they cover the entire front surface, this means that we can cover gaps between teeth and make slightly overlapped teeth appear straighter without ever needing braces.
They are Stain Resistant
Many people turn to veneers because they have deep, dark stains from dental damage or tobacco use and they want to get a brighter smile. If this is the case for you, you’ll be thrilled to discover that veneers are made from porcelain, which makes them completely stain resistant.
They Look Natural
We are dedicated to giving our patients gorgeous smiles that still look natural. Each veneer that we place is customized to not only perfectly cover your tooth but is also crafted to mimic the look of real tooth enamel, all the way down to the way that it reflects light. No one will even be able to tell that you have veneers.
Veneers are Incredibly Durable
Along with being stain resistant, porcelain is also very durable. This means that you can protect your smile just by placing these porcelain shells over the front of your teeth. Over the years, veneers may even prevent teeth from chipping or cracking.
Do you have questions about getting dental veneers from our Novi, MI, dental team? Want to find out if you’re an ideal candidate for treatment? If so, call Progressive Dental Group at (248) 349-7560 to schedule a consultation.
How veneers from your dentist in Novi, MI, can give you a new smile
Do you want a new smile? If your smile isn’t all that it could be, it’s time to consider renewing your smile with porcelain veneers! Available from Dr. David Salah, your dentist here at Progressive Dental Group in Novi, MI, read on to learn how veneers can give you a brand new smile.
What veneers can do for you
Veneers are thin laminates of sparkling porcelain that are cemented to the front surfaces of your teeth to hide a number of aesthetic issues, including:
- Areas of broken tooth structure from trauma
- Chipping and erosion from aging or bad habits
- Fracture lines or cracks from wear-and-tear
- Blotches or discolorations from genetics or medications
- Heavy staining from coffee or tobacco use
With veneers, you can change the color, shape, size, or any other aspects of your teeth that you don’t like. In some cases, you can even cosmetically hide gaps or spaces between your teeth, overlapping, or tooth rotation.
When you choose veneers, you will enjoy:
- Natural beauty, because veneers are created using porcelain, a light-reflective material that closely resembles tooth enamel
- Long-lasting good looks, because porcelain is stain-resistant, allowing your new veneers to stay beautiful for years
- Conservative treatment, because your dentist removes very little tooth structure, just enough to accommodate the thickness of the veneers
Veneers require two-to-three appointments to complete, including a consultation appointment. This appointment is the perfect time for you to ask any questions, and get a preview of what your new veneers may look like. Next, your teeth are prepared and models are made of your prepared teeth. These models are sent off to a dental laboratory, where skilled artisans will create your veneers. After your veneers are ready, they will be cemented on to your teeth, and you will have a great new smile!
Interested? Give us a call
Imagine having a perfect, beautiful smile in just a couple of appointments! It’s possible, thanks to the beauty and versatility of veneers. To learn more about how to renew your smile with veneers, call Dr. David Salah of Progressive Dental Group in Novi, MI, today by dialing (773) 935-9818.
Do you have an oddly shaped tooth or a few cracks or chips in your teeth? Even small imperfections in your teeth can be very noticeable. Unfortunately, when your smile isn't bright and beautiful, you may not feel as confident about your appearance as you would like. Our Novi, MI, dentist, Dr. David Salah, explains how veneers can conceal flaws and transform your smile.
Thin porcelain shells cover imperfections
Veneers are thin pieces of porcelain created from impressions of your teeth. Each tooth-shaped veneer is no thicker than a fingernail but offers impressive coverage for imperfections. Veneers are applied to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement and provide a long-lasting way to improve the appearance of your smile.
Veneers conceal a range of flaws
Versatile veneers can be used to cover a variety of imperfections that mar the front surfaces of your teeth, including:
- Changes in Color: Teeth can be discolored due to decay, trauma or use of the antibiotic tetracycline in early childhood. Veneers are available in many shades, which helps ensure that your previously discolored tooth now blend in with your smile perfectly.
- Minor Imperfections: Small chips in teeth and cracks draw unwanted attention to your smile. Veneers hide these flaws and other imperfections, such as uneven surfaces or pits.
- Oddly Shaped Teeth: When one or more of your teeth just don't look like they belong in your mouth, veneers can help. They're often used to improve the appearance of crooked, pointed or twisted teeth.
- Length Issues: Imperfections aren't the only issues that can affect your smile. Whether a tooth is naturally too short or has shortened due to a nighttime grinding habit, veneers offer a simple way to add length to teeth to teeth.
- Gaps: Small spaces between front teeth or other teeth are easily corrected with veneers.
- Whitening: Teeth whitening treatments only last a few years and may not lighten your teeth as much as you had hoped. Veneers offer a long-lasting alternative to whitening for Novi residents. They're available in many shades of white and are very resistant to stains from coffee, tea, wine and cola.
Are you ready to upgrade your smile with veneers? Call our Novi, MI, dentist, Dr. Salah, at (248) 349-7560 to schedule an appointment.
What's an actor's most important feature? According to Vivica A. Fox, whose most recent big-screen role was in Independence Day: Resurgence, it's what you see right up front.
"On screen, your smile and your eyes are the most inviting things that bring the audience in" she said. "Especially if you play the hot chick."
But like lots of people, Vivica reached a point where she felt her smile needed a little help in order to look its best. That's when she turned to a popular cosmetic dental treatment.
"I got veneers years ago," Ms. Fox told Dear Doctor magazine in a recent interview, "just because I had some gapping that probably only I noticed."
What exactly are dental veneers? Essentially, they are thin shells of lustrous porcelain that are permanently attached to the front surfaces of the teeth. Tough, lifelike and stain-resistant, they can cover up a number of defects in your smile — including stains, chips, cracks, and even minor spacing irregularities like the ones Vivica had.
Veneers have become the treatment of choice for Hollywood celebs — and lots of regular folks too — for many reasons. Unlike some treatments that can take many months, it takes just a few appointments to have veneers placed on your teeth. Because they are custom made just for you, they allow you to decide how bright you want your smile to be: anywhere from a natural pearly hue to a brilliant "Hollywood white." Best of all, they are easy to maintain, and can last for many years with only routine care.
To place traditional veneers, it's necessary to prepare the tooth by removing a small amount (a millimeter or two) of its enamel surface. This keeps it from feeling too big — but it also means the treatment can't be reversed, so once you get veneers, you'll always have them. In certain situations, "no-prep" or minimal-prep veneers, which require little or no removal of tooth enamel, may be an option for some people.
Veneers aren't the only way to create a better smile: Teeth whitening, crowns or orthodontic work may also be an alternative. But for many, veneers are the preferred option. What does Vivica think of hers?
"I love my veneers!" she declared, noting that they have held up well for over a decade.