Show Off Your Best Possible Smile
Do you have an oddly shaped tooth or a few cracks or chips in your teeth? Even small imperfections in your teeth can be very noticeable. Unfortunately, when your smile isn't bright and beautiful, you may not feel as confident about your appearance as you would like. Our Novi, MI, dentist, Dr. David Salah, explains how veneers can conceal flaws and transform your smile.
Thin porcelain shells cover imperfections
Veneers are thin pieces of porcelain created from impressions of your teeth. Each tooth-shaped veneer is no thicker than a fingernail but offers impressive coverage for imperfections. Veneers are applied to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement and provide a long-lasting way to improve the appearance of your smile.
Veneers conceal a range of flaws
Versatile veneers can be used to cover a variety of imperfections that mar the front surfaces of your teeth, including:
- Changes in Color: Teeth can be discolored due to decay, trauma or use of the antibiotic tetracycline in early childhood. Veneers are available in many shades, which helps ensure that your previously discolored tooth now blend in with your smile perfectly.
- Minor Imperfections: Small chips in teeth and cracks draw unwanted attention to your smile. Veneers hide these flaws and other imperfections, such as uneven surfaces or pits.
- Oddly Shaped Teeth: When one or more of your teeth just don't look like they belong in your mouth, veneers can help. They're often used to improve the appearance of crooked, pointed or twisted teeth.
- Length Issues: Imperfections aren't the only issues that can affect your smile. Whether a tooth is naturally too short or has shortened due to a nighttime grinding habit, veneers offer a simple way to add length to teeth to teeth.
- Gaps: Small spaces between front teeth or other teeth are easily corrected with veneers.
- Whitening: Teeth whitening treatments only last a few years and may not lighten your teeth as much as you had hoped. Veneers offer a long-lasting alternative to whitening for Novi residents. They're available in many shades of white and are very resistant to stains from coffee, tea, wine and cola.
Are you ready to upgrade your smile with veneers? Call our Novi, MI, dentist, Dr. Salah, at (248) 349-7560 to schedule an appointment.