FAQs About Dental Implants
Dental implants are a state-of-the-art restorative procedure. Dr. David Salah, in Novi, MI, provides patients with these life-like appliances to restore missing teeth.
Here are a few FAQs
What more can you tell me about dental implants?
Dental implants replace missing tooth roots using a titanium screw. The advantage of this titanium screw is that it's biocompatible, meaning oral tissues won't reject it. The titanium post fuses to the rest of your jawbone, a process called osseointegration that takes 3 to 6 months. Attached to the titanium screw is an abutment and then a crown. The crown matches the rest of your teeth to complete the restoration procedure.
How many missing teeth can dental implants replace?
Dental implants replace as many teeth as you need replaced, which can even be a whole upper and/or lower jaw.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
- They are indistinguishable from natural teeth
- They protect the integrity of the jawbone by preventing bone loss or shrinkage of the jawbone
- They replace missing teeth to create a beautiful, complete smile
- They allow you to speak and eat without having to worry about them shifting around like dentures
- They have a 95 % success rate
- They can last a lifetime and a long term solution for tooth loss
How do you care for dental implants?
- Brush your teeth everyday, twice at least and three times optimally
- Avoid sugary food that causes decay
- Floss your teeth once a day
- Visit your Novi dentist twice a year for a routine checkup
- Eat healthy foods like fruits and vegetables
Who to contact about dental implants?
If you're interested in dental implants, just call the Progressive Dental Group in Novi, MI, at (248) 349-7560 for more information.